18 June 2010

Kunsthaus, Graz, Austria


A few views of the Kunsthaus Graz (the Graz Art Museum). Clicking on the photo above should take you to the Wikipedia article about the structure.
Directly across the river from the picture at the bottom, you can wander into the Cafe Schwalbennest (Swallow's Nest) and order some of the most unusual hot chocolates (I will update with the brand as soon as I get home and find the wrapper!)
A fellow language assistant, herself from Graz, had recommended this cafe to me when she found out I'd be visiting her hometown. She very sweetly gave me a map and marked it's location along with other landmarks.
When my fiance, friend, and I arrived in Graz to see my old French host sister, the first place she wanted to take us was... Schwalbennest! She started describing a cafe known for it's cakes and chocolate, and I startled her when I asked if it was the same. So, if you ever make it to Graz, try the apfelstrudel.


No comments: